Monday, June 22, 2009

First session back online. . .

20 minutes in I've had KKs cracked by JTo and A5o and AA cracked by AKs. . . oh boy.

. . .

About 7 hours later I've wrapped up the night with the dismal news that once again my game was cracked wider than. . . not sure right now, too burnt out, bleh.

In total I played just 23 Sngs (and 2 mtts which won't show up down there in the >12 hours graph). I'm fairly confident I played my A game minus a couple spazz outs. . . maybe that works out to a B game?? Anyway, I was finding lots of spots to accumulate chips and never got it in too bad. In return, I was fisted repeatedly. I did score a 5th in a $69 45 man but it really doesn't feel like much right now, and honestly it's not.

One of the hardest things when things are going bad is to maintain composure, inside and out. Some time ago I noticed that I was really being hard on myself taking everything seriously. I plan on playing tens of thousands of poker tournaments in my life. . . there are tournament players who play that many in 3 months! And the truth is that you're going to lose all but a hand full of those tournaments. Of course it depends on the size of the tourney, but the fact remains that I will spend most of my time losing poker tournaments as long as I continue to play this game! The wins are excellent of course, and make it all more than worthwhile (at least financially), but the fact remains that if I continue to get pissed at losing I'll be spending most of my life angry, bitter, and frustrated. And if that's the case, why the hell am I playing poker?

So I work at trying to have fun while I play poker. Seems so stupid to write that out, but I think that often goes over looked. The fact is it should be an enjoyable game to play, and THAT is why it is awesome to make money playing it. If it's really a dismal heart wrenching grind. . . maybe try a real job, right? Anyway, a stupid trick I play sometimes is to call out my opponents cards and cheer when they hit. I even like to type a hahahahaa into the chat box while laughing maniacally. I feel sort of crazy doing it, but it works. Tonight I didn't do that so much. . . I think I spent a lot of time rubbing my forehead and saying ohmygod and why over and over again.

I'm going to reread Almost There With Success and Failure and call it a night. I think it's an excellent read for just about anybody, and it sort of describes this increasing feeling I have that mastering poker is a truly Zen science.

UsernameGames

Played
Av. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
J4bberW0cky 23-$24 $29 -89%-$546 Super Tilt55FullTilt<12hours>
J4bberW0cky 1,211$6 $25 31%$7,679 Super Tilt79FullTilt
J4bberW0cky 1,018$9 $26 40%$8,659 Super Tilt79FullTiltSNG Only

No comments:

Post a Comment