Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Viva! Las Portland!

I'm becoming a real hater of live poker. I'm imagining it's mostly the same for other people, but my cards seem to run sick swingy- after a grueling monday through wednesday of cold decks and J3s non stop I ran like a golden god of light at the Nugget last Thursday winning $880 at their 1/2 game. It was miraculous- I would raise with AQ and guess what? An ace or queen would flop and it would be good! Fucking crazy I know.

Since I got back into Vegas yesterday the grind has continued- 3 outers galore, the crappiest cards in the deck coming to me two at a time for hours on end while grinning donkeys happily splash and win pots before my very eyes while I am powerless to do anything about it.

Which all brings me to a horrible truth- live poker makes me fucking miserable! At least online I'm playing thousands of hands a session and the long run has a chance to manifest. Here I'm seeing 25-30 hands PER HOUR and the levels of patience that are required to muck J2o OVER AND OVER AND OVER is flying from me FAST.

I did have a lovely afternoon at the Mirage pool today, but three hours after sitting at their 1/2 game I'm debating buying heavy artillery to end it all in dramatic fashion.

Actually, getting back to my computer in Portland, though it sounds sick, sounds like pure fucking heaven right now. I need to make some money and I know I can do it online. I'm ready to go home and play a couple thousand sit and go's while sipping my favorite teas and local brews.

Gaaaaaaagh.

On the way back to the hotel I put myself on the list for the 4/8 limit HORSE game at Harrahs. I won't make my millions playing there but I could make a little bit, and it actually sounds like FUN which would be really novel at this point.

I'm not so sure right now that poker is a very healthy activity for me at all. Oh well, wish me luck! Tomorrow is satellites and pool at the Rio and if the cards can just be a little forgiving for an afternoon I'll make a good show of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment