Thursday, December 10, 2009

sorry for all the bitching

3k downswings are going to be really routine now that I've amped up the stakes a bit, and I need to not start moaning every time I have one!

In better news I put in my first serious session of the month playing 40 games, and due to taking $7,200 for 2nd place in the $30 rebuy (I re bought 6 times I think?) I booked a very welcome and fun $8,200 win for the night.

That tourney was excruciating the whole way through- I got beat up a little bit early so that by the time the rebuy period came I was in it for $180 and had no stack to show for it. A series of miracles happened and I had a top ten stack with 130 left (459 started) but went absolutely card dead only finding a couple spots to pick up chips all the way down to about 3 players actually. I was seriously just hanging on by my fingernails for most of that time with a 8-22 bb stack the whole way. It was a really aggressive tourney and my opponents had ESP for the most part since I was getting no action on my decent hands and they were 3bet shoving on my mediocre ones. So I folded. Folded. Uh oh, time for a button shove. Sweet! THEY folded! Then I fold some more.

The final table was the same- I clung for dear life, had a lucky suck out or two just to stay afloat, had all my raises reraised so had to stop raising unless I wanted to shove, and my hands sucked so I just folded. . . pretty much not playing poker at all with the exception of knowing when and with what to go all in. Luckily, the table as a whole was almost maniacal and I watched as much bigger stacks than mine exploded and disappeared all around me.

Okay I'm rambling. Good job me, g'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment