Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August Contest

BadBeatsPoker.net regularly has contests in which different forum members wager a small sum to see who can score the highest ROI playing a minimum number of tournaments of a particular structure.

I entered their 45 man contest in June which I had high hopes for, but with the Vegas trip and some poor online results I never stood a chance. This month the contest revolves around the 90 man turbo knock-out sit and go's on Full Tilt. I've been playing these for awhile. . . the action is pretty chaotic with the fast blind structure but as a rule the play is just horrible in these things so it's well worth the agony of high variance slug fests. In general be prepared to lose many, many of these things, but when you hit the top spots it's really worth it, so gamble it up.

Anyway, I think I have a good grip on this format so I was happy to enter all three contest brackets- a $6 over 25 games bracket, 13$ over 50 games, and lastly the $26 over a 100 games.

There's a blogger/poker player I follow who has made it his stated objective to make more than 200k playing this exact game between last May and this coming December. I think that's amazing, so I'll say it again.

He plans to make 200k over a 8 month period playing $13 and $26 games. His strategy is to play a whole lot of them. If you average $6 in profit per game you play, you only need to play 333,334 sit and go's in a 8 month period and presto.

That's a lot of sit and go's. Makes you appreciate the job title "sit and go grinder."

As horrible as it sounds to slave away like that, sit and go after sit and go, 16 tables at a time, 12 hour stretches of just clicking and clicking and clicking. . . but still that's a lot of money, and you can have a lot of fun for 200k. . .

So, this month I thought I'd try my own heavy sit and go grinding experiment playing that very game. After all, my ROI is better than that players, but we'll have to see how I hold up and how many hands I botch trying to cram in as many as I can.

Today I played 54 of them for a profit of $637. Not bad, but I plan on doing better. These things are easy.

Here's my average finish position for today. . . not sure why I like this graph. The two firsts really help the bottom line as you can see how many non firsts there were.



Here's my graph for finish positions over the 527 games I've played in them total- gives you an idea of the variance in them, and also the importance of aggression near the bubble aiming for that first place prize:

No comments:

Post a Comment